Utilize this cutting-edge technology to encourage brand engagement and marry print and digital media.
What is augmented reality?
Augmented reality, or AR, is a cutting-edge technology that helps brands engage with their customers in real-time, whether they are at a sporting event, a local attraction, or even at home.
In its simplest form, AR overlays digital information such as a video, on a physical object such as a magazine. The user views the additional interactive content through their smartphone or other handheld device.
More advanced applications of augmented reality have been used to provide virtual test drives of luxury vehicles, display furniture in a shopper’s own home, and deliver incentives in retail stores.
Quantified user interactions
Using technologies already available in modern smartphones, augmented reality creates an interactive overlay onto the physical world. But AR is more than just the “cool” factor. Whether installed as a standalone app or integrated into your brand’s existing iOS, Android or Windows 8 development, the augmented reality framework provides detailed metrics on user behavior- enabling you to precisely target and quantify your audience.
Benefits of augmented reality
- Deepen brand connection with stakeholders
- Encourage brand engagement through real world actions like dynamic promotions, scavenger hunts, games and quizzes, social media, and reward programs
- Understand user behavior through real-time mobile interactions, views, click-through rates, and more.
- Increase the ROI of a traditional media by pushing additional content to users after just one exposure to a physical AR trigger.
- Leverage channel partners for cross-promotion and co-branding